July 15, 2020
On July 16th project members attended an online session on the responsabilities of different actors (media, tech companies, platforms, regulators, civil society) in tackling disinformation.
This event was part of the Connect University initiative “Tackling online disinformation”, an initiative of the European Commission’s Directorate General on Communication Networks, Content and Technologies (DG CONNECT).
- Paolo Cesarini, Head of Unit DG CONNECT I4 Media Convergence and Social Media
- Liz Corbin, Deputy Director Media and Head of News at European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Geneva
- Gregoire Lemarchand, AFP Fact Check
- Marc Sundermann, Senior Fellow & Project Director at Fondation EURACTIV Europe’s Media Lab, Former Bertelsmann representative, former member of the High-Level Expert Group on disinformation.
- Chiara Sighele Project coordinator, European Data Journalism Network
The session was recorded and can be re-watched here: